The Faculty of Social Sciences was established in 1958 under the Institute for Social Research. The Faculty of Social Sciences has gone through many structural changes throughout its five decades of research and educational activities. The greater part of these changes has taken place since the 1990’s, including the launch of a Ph.D. program in Sociology in 1989; new programs on Theoretical Cultural Sociology, Sociology of Social Matters, Sociology of Development, Sociology of Social Groups; and a Ph.D. program for Demography. Many other programs and majors have also been introduced at the undergraduate and graduate levels. In the summer of 1992, the Faculty moved to its new 22,000 square meters building outside the main University Campus with eleven 45-seat classrooms, one 100-seat lecture hall, seven 75-seat classrooms, and several computer labs. The Faculty has an Ibn-Khaldun auditorium with 275 seats, and a Shari’ati auditorium with over 100 seats for conferences and symposiums.
for receive more news join to our newsletter please